Friday, February 1, 2013

The Time Is Right For Love... Jill's February 2013 Playlist


Listen here:
2013-02 FEBRUARY Jill

Hello Music Lovahs! Happy February. I've slapped together 13 random tracks that I love right now. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but I love them now. Diamonds may be forever, but playlists are just monthly things.

1. The Time Is Right For LoveGizelle Smith & The Mighty Mocambos
Kickin' it off with a peppy song a la "I'm So Excited".

2. Automatically Sunshine - The Supremes
I just liked the intro. I'm yours, your mine...

3. Sexy Bull - Mucca Pazza
 A friend's cousin is part of this band & I finally got around to checking 'em out. Lo and behold they have that "marching band" quality in their sound (and I've been going through a collegiate marching band phase lately), so I'm liking.

4. Cupid - Dale Watson
 Token Cupid song & new country swinger sound for me.  

5. Floats My Boat Aer
 A band I still love ever since Brant first had them on his list many moons ago.  These guys are smooth. 

6. Do You Believe In Magic Cher
I believe in magic and life after love!

7. That's What's Up - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
This sound is all trendy right now.  Token newish sounding song.

8. She's Always A Woman - Fyfe Dangerfield
A cover a childhood favorite. Sappy? yes.  

9. One Kiss - John Hiatt
I don't know why I like John Hiatt so much, he just writes comfortable songs, basic love songs, that somehow manage not to be trite.

10. Hey - Elvis Perkins in Dearland 
Hey, keep up the pace.  I can imagine not sitting still to this.

11. I Think Of You Rodriguez
Just watched "Searching For Sugar Man" movie and had to slip a pretty one in from Rodriguez.

12. Be Mine - Alabama Shakes
Alabama Shakes seem to channel a little Rodriguez vibe and mix with a delta bluesy grit.

13. Peace. Love and Happiness - G. Love & Special Sauce
Back to my Philly days, lovin' on some G. Love.

2013-02 FEBRUARY Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment